By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy, including the use and collection of personal information as described in this Policy. Please read through this Policy carefully in its entirety and ensure you understand its terms. This Policy is incorporated into, made subject to, and is governed by, our Sites’ Terms and Conditions ("Terms").
How We Collect Your Information
When you use the Service, we collect information about you to optimize your experience. This information falls into three general categories: information voluntarily provided by you, the information we obtain when you use the Service, and information we collect through third parties.
Information You Voluntarily Provide:
When you interact with us, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, you may give us your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”), which includes, but is not limited to, Identifiers such as your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number. We may collect the information you voluntarily provide when you communicate with us by phone, email, or other messaging features, interact with us or other users of the Service through any messaging features, including bulletin boards or chat rooms, or send us customer service-related requests.
Information We Get When You Use Our Service:
We may also collect Personal Information when you use the Service, such as when you register for an account, place an order or make an inquiry by phone, post reviews or other materials, visit our store, place an order on the Service or otherwise contact us. The information we collect when you use -our Service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Personal Information when you place an order on the Service or enter an optional survey or contest, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number;
· Commercial Information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on one of the Sites;
· Your Geolocation data, such as your physical location while using the Service.
When you use the Service, we collect information about your activity on the Sites and how you interact with the Service, such as your preferences as to products or purchases, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses.
We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Service, such as your IP address and unique device identifiers.
Information Collected By Cookies And Other Technologies:
When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies—small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters—to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
How We Use Your Information
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following business purposes:
· To better serve you across the Service, we may not segregate information by Site or other place of collection. For example, if we collect information from you through one of our Sites, we may use that information in connection with the operation of one of our other Sites.
· To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
· To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
· To communicate with you directly or through Third Party Service Providers for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to, or otherwise inquire about the status of, your reviews or other materials posted on or submitted through the Service;
· To send you communications, including targeted marketing information, special product offers, catalogs, or other information that we believe might interest you relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with, such as product manufacturers or vendors;
· To personalize our services and customize your interaction with the Service , such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate service usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service; and (f) provide you with context sensitive help.
Disclosing Your Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
Your Voluntary Disclosure: Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as in a product review, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
Service Providers: We will share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Customers with goods or services, provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, and other services for us. Such service providers may include product suppliers in order to fulfill orders, credit card processing and shipping companies. We will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out these services for us. Third parties are obligated to only use and/or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which YLighting.com disclosed the information to them, and no other purpose.
Marketing Purposes: From time to time, we may share your information with third parties whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. Please see the sections on your choices, including those that discuss additional information for California and Nevada users, for more information.
As Required By Law: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that our disclosure is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
Legal Process: We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (a) take precautions against liability, (b) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (e) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Business Transactions: Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Aggregated Information: We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, or Third Party Service Providers may otherwise collect and use such information, for various purposes, including without limitation (a) compliance with various reporting obligations; (b) for business or marketing purposes; (c) to assist those parties in understanding our users's interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service; (d) for statistical and other analytical uses; (e) for product and service research, development, provisioning, maintenance, and improvement; or (f) for online advertising.
Our investors receive reports on number of Customers, items purchased, page views, logins, etc. They do not receive any personally identifiable information.
We use reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information under our control. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain secure.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. When registering an account, it is your responsibility to choose an account password that is difficult for others to guess, preferably a password you do not use on any other website or account, and never reveal it to anyone else. If you use a shared or public computer, DO NOT choose to have your login ID or password remembered and log out of your account completely every time you leave the computer. Also, please verify that your web browser has a secure connection to the websites before entering any personally identifying information and avoid including personally identifying information in e-mails to us (particularly credit card or banking information).
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations under this Policy, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after those material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.